A Message from the Librarian
We are here to help you access and use quality information and resources and provide you with a safe haven to think, create and grow. We support you to enhance your study and research skills and explain to you how to use the latest technologies to enhance your learning experience.
When in doubt ask your librarian!
Thomas Little Memorial Library – Brief Orientation:
The Upper School Library is located in the Upper School Campus, in the L building, on the ground floor. It’s a welcoming space that serves as a study, reading and research areas. It’s staffed by a full-time Media Specialist Librarian. The collection includes around 12,000 books, an extensive collection of periodicals, multimedia and more… The library also provides access to digital databases and electronic resources.
The library resources are classified according to Dewey Decimal System.
There are four areas in the library: two reading areas, the research centre, Librarian’s office, and the Archives and special collection’s room.
The research room is equipped with 4 computers connected to Internet, photocopier, printer and Wi-Fi service that is provided to students with user ID.
– From Monday to Friday: from 7:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
– Wednesday: from 7: 30 A.M. to 2: 30 P.M.
– Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: Library closed.
Search the Library Catalog:
for books, multimedia, periodicals and more!
(Page under Construction)
Digital Database and Tools:
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP):
Databases provided through the Upper School library’s page are licensed for use only by current BHS students, faculty and staff.
Use your username and password to log in, this information is encrypted so do not share it with others and do not expose it on public networks.
Feedback is Welcome:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit any question, complaint, book review, suggest books, or to schedule an appointment.
Print / Copy / No Scanner:
- A black and white printer and photocopier is available in the library.
- A photocopy card is needed to be able to use it.
- Photocopy cards are available in the Bookshop.
- Printing out materials is only possible through the library computers.
Reader of the year:
- 2021: Catherine Abi Karam – grade 9 LP
- 2022: – Rubecca Myriam Towler – grade 8 IP
– Sami Abou Diwan – grade 8 LP
– Rebecca Hashem – grade 10 LP
– Walid El Masri – Grade 10 LP
Please send an email to the following address : email@example.com, one day in prior to book the library for a class visit.
Feedback is Welcome:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit any question or complaint, write a book review, suggest books, or to schedule an appointment.
Generally, all donations should have been published within the last ten years, be in good condition, and be appropriate for the age range of the upper school students. Textbooks and books that are marked, outdated, damaged or dirty should be discarded.
Contact Ms. Carmen for more information.
Policies and Handouts
– 2 books can be checked at a time
– Loan period is 15 days; books can be renewed for 2 additional weeks.
– No sooner renewal prior to the due date.
– Books should be returned to the librarian on time to avoid paying dues.
– Books that are lost are to be replaced or price is to be paid.
For more information regarding the below documents, please contact Ms. Carmen.